2013 Illustrations/ Caricatures/ Sketch

I sell high resolution prints of my digital paintings at various sizes on various materials. Please e-mail me at theodore@nanorainforest.com to inquire about a high resolution print of any digital painting on this blog.

I offer classes on my digital painting process for creating landscapes, animals, people and caricature from scratch with no photo-manipulation. I have taught my process with motivated students since 2008. Please e-mail me at theodore@nanorainforest.com to inquire about classes with in-depth process tutorials and in-depth tutorial videos on any style you see on this blog. Thank you!

Please view some freebie time-lapse recordings here : One of my YouTube channels 
















































Digital sketch / draw / paint of some my favorite local birds I have the pleasure of seeing from time to time. This group of paintings were completed quicker than my more realistic style. (Videos and In-depth tutorial available to anyone interest please contact me at: theodore@nanorainforest.com)




Speed Landscape sketch paintings - 30 minutes - 2 hours, mostly all completed within 1 hour.














    One of the pleasures of 2013 for me was going outdoors and plein air painting. Self taught in oil painting and plein air painting; I tried to stay very experimental with my approach, playing with what I like to call a impressionistic calligraphy. I would often deviate in my color palette, while I enjoyed playing with high chromatic colors and often choosing colors in an experimental way.  To me, I wanted the visual language to be unique and fun and I am looking forward to finding many more opportunities to continue creating and developing this language. Some of the plein air oil paintings were completed in one day in a three hour session, while others were completed over three days in three - four hour sessions each day. Thank you for viewing.    
     











   Studio painting (below). I used a conte stick to sketch and draw the main shapes. Then using a semi - dutch flemish technique, I started in a value painting. Then finished with notes of colors over that. The whole process was about 12 hours. I look forward to finding more time to create more oil paintings in the Dutch Flemish technique. 


-I offer classes on my digital painting process for creating landscapes, animals, people and caricature from scratch with no photo-manipulation. I have taught my process with motivated students since 2008. Please e-mail me at theodore@nanorainforest.com to inquire about classes with in-depth process tutorials and in-depth tutorial videos on any style you see on this blog. 
Thank you!-